Online Tour Album Scrapbook Contest Deadline Approaching
There is less than a month left to enter David’s online tour album scrapbook contest for a chance to win a free trip to Europe.
First Place: A free seat on any Exploring Europe tour departing in 2016.
Second Place: A $500 gift certificate good toward any tour in 2016.
Third Place: A $250 gift certificate good toward any tour in 2016.
But hurry! The deadline to enter is February 5.
Spotlight on: Commemorating WWII
France is home to several WWII battle sites and memorials. Here is a closer look at some of the destinations from Day 8 of The Essence of France Tour.
- Mémorial de Caen: This museum and war memorial commemorates the Second World War and the Battle for Caen. It is filled with artefacts, videos and audio recordings from the war and its exhibits allow visitors to follow the Invasion of Normandy step-by-step.
- Driving tour of the Normandy beaches: Experience in person the site of the Allied D-Day landings of June 1944.
- Pointe du Hoc: At this site, Army Rangers scaled the massive cliffs in pre-dawn darkness to seize the German artillery that could have fired on the troops landing on the beaches.
- American Cemetery: where nearly 10,000 stark white markers memorialize the Americans who gave their lives on the beaches below.
- Sainte Mère Église: (time permitting), the airborne drop site made famous by “The Longest Day” and “Band of Brothers.” It was the first town in France to be liberated.
See more of the itinerary and sign up for the Essence of France Tour here.
Your Adventure Starts Here!