This Christmas season, why not celebrate in some of Europe’s most picturesque snow-covered landscapes? And traveling in the off season means that you won’t be packed shoulder-to-shoulder with sweaty tourists. On this tour, you can shop the Christmas markets to your heart’s content and share in the holiday cheer in Austria and Germany, as well as:
- Explore the setting of The Sound of Music and the birthplace of Mozart in Salzburg
- Hike the spruce woodlands or walk along the lakeside in Schwangau
- Take in the impressive Neuschwanstein Castle built by mad King Ludwig
- Walk along the medieval walls surrounding Rothenburg
- Sample great food and spiced drinks in the Christmas markets
- And more!
Experience two of Europe’s most iconic capitals this fall. Your adventure starts in London, home to the kings and queens of England for nearly one thousand years. Then you’ll hop across the English Channel to visit Paris: City of Lights, City of Love. On tour, you’ll see all the major sights these two cities have to offer and still have plenty of time to explore on your own with hop-on-hop-off bus tickets provided in both cities. Here are just a few of the stops planned:
London and the surrounding countryside
- Catch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace
- Tour Westminster Abbey, site of the coronation ceremony since 1066
- See the ancient standing stones at Stonehenge
- Explore the Roman baths and the stunning Georgian architecture in Bath
- Cross the English Channel on a high-speed train under the sea
- Step inside Notre Dame, the home of Quasimodo
- Take in the panoramic views of Paris atop the Eiffel Tower
- Visit the artsy neighborhood of Montmartre and Sacré Coeur church
- Wander the halls of the Louvre and take a peek at the Mona Lisa
Check out the full itinerary and sign up here: November 8-16
At Exploring Europe, we try to take the stress and worry out of travel. So if you’ve been wondering whether purchasing travel insurance is right for you, my blog post provides an overview of the range of coverage available, what can be included and what factors to consider before making your choice.
You’ll find more useful travel tips on my blog.
Your Adventure Starts Here!