Have you ever traveled on a David McGuffin Tour? If so, I am laying down a challenge to my computer-savvy shutter bugs to design and post an online scrapbook website of your favorite David McGuffin tour experiences. Everyone is eligible as long as you have traveled with me to Europe anytime in the past thirty years.
A free seat on any David McGuffin tour departing in 2018.
A $500 gift certificate good toward any David McGuffin tour in 2018.
A $250 gift certificate good toward any David McGuffin tour in 2018.
Looking for some inspiration?
HOW TO ENTER THE 2018 COMPETITION:
- To enter this contest you must create a website chronicling your experiences on a David McGuffin tour to Europe.
- You must complete and submit a contest application (included at the bottom of this page).
- Your online scrapbook must be in the form of a website which shows your experiences on a David McGuffin tour to Europe.
- It must include photos with engaging commentary and descriptions.
- These formats are not acceptable for this contest: Photo or captioned slideshows, online photo books, blogs or online travel journals, social networking sites, printed scrapbooks, PowerPoint presentations, or scrapbooks on CDs/DVDs.
- Your website cannot require a password for access.
- Your website cannot contain ads.
- You must agree to David’s Online Scrapbook Contest terms, conditions, and rules prior to submitting your entry. They are all here on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older at the time of entry. Minors may partner with adult family members and submit their scrapbook as a team.
- The deadline for entries is 11: 59 p.m. (EST) on February 5, 2018. Winners will be notified via email by February 20, 2018.
- I cannot answer specific questions about designing and building websites.
- There is a lot of helpful information on the web. I’ve seen some wonderful website albums on Weebly and WIX. These are only two of many free sites designed for creating and hosting personal websites.
- I am looking for scrapbooks that contain:
- photos of people having fun with captioned descriptions,
- landscape and city scenes with captioned descriptions,
- wining and dining with captioned descriptions.
- Include engaging text and images. Your goal is to keep viewers engaged in staying on your page and looking at everything.
- Your website should contain easy-to-follow navigation.
- Ensure that your pages and images load quickly.
- Optimize your images for quick loading.
- Minimize use of videos and “Flash” content.
- Remove all date stamps from your photos so they are not trapped in a time warp.
- You are on your own… have fun and be creative!
With your entry, you agree to the following:
- David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe and its employees are given unrestricted permission without compensation to excerpt or fully use your online scrapbook content for promotional purposes.
- You assure David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe that the content of your online scrapbook website is original and that all elements have been acquired legally.
- If you are a winner, you will provide us with a completed IRS Form W-9 before collecting your winnings.
- You are personally responsible for all associated federal, state and local taxes.
- You are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- You agree to hold David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe harmless.
- You certify that you took the photos in your online tour scrapbook yourself.
- You have received the consent of the subjects in the photos and/or videos and allow David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe to use them for the purposes described here.
- You own all rights to the photos.
- You certify you have the legal right to enter into this tour scrapbook agreement.
The fine print…
Additionally, in consideration for being credited as the photographer, you grant David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe, Inc. the non-exclusive right to publish any of your photos in your online tour scrapbook, in print or electronic form, to help promote David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe, Inc. David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe also reserves the right to crop or edit your photos at its discretion prior to using the photos as set forth in these terms and conditions. If a photo from your online scrapbook is used by David McGuffin’s Exploring Europe, you will be credited as the photographer. You will always retain the rights to your photos. This release waiver and terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, exclusive of its conflicts laws; and you agree that the sole jurisdiction for resolving any disputes relating hereto shall lie in superior court in Clay County, Florida.