TRAVEL TALK TUESDAY
Join me for TRAVEL TALK TUESDAY most Tuesdays at 7:30 PM Eastern Time. This interactive, fun, and informative series will feature favorite European destinations and travel hints learned from a lifetime of poking around the world’s nooks and crannies. I’ll also sprinkle in some of my favorite cooking recipes, wine tastings, and journaled memories.
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - David McGuffin's Exploring (Beyond) Europe?
David has spent the better part of twenty-two years, planning, arranging, and leading his tours to Europe. Thousands have enjoyed his destinations, travel style, and personal attention to detail.
Earlier this year, David and Charlotte traveled to Tanzania for a Safari in the Serengeti. It was an amazing experience, and tonight we’d like to share our adventures with you on TTT.
Travel Talk Tuesday is presented LIVE on Tuesday, September 12 at 7:30 PM ET. View it on Zoom Webinar or David’s Facebook page.
Watch previous episodes of David's Travel Talk Tuesday.
2023 Travel Talk Tuesday Episodes
- September 12 – Tanzania & Serengeti Safari. Exploring BEYOND Europe!
- September 5 – Battlefields of France & Belgium
- August 29 – FSU Seminole Football in Ireland
- August 22 – Scotland’s Festivals, Games and Tattoo
- July 25 – Europe Travel Report: The good, the bad, the better and the best!
- May 16 – Italy’s majestic Amalfi Coast
- May 2 – St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland 2023
- April 18 – Tour Sell-Abration – A synopsis of David’s tour routes for 2023/2024.
- March 14 – Complete Dublin Walking Tour (1 hour)
- March 7 – Dublin’s River Liffey and Temple Bar
- February 28 – Dublin’s O’Connell Street Walking Tour
- February 21 – Molly’s Old South Tours – Duck Confit – Dublin’s Garden of Remembrance
- February 14 – Romantic Destinations – Paris, Swiss Alps, Lake Como, Zakopane, and Santorini.
- February 7 – Madrid – Noted landmarks, attractions, and museums.
- January 31 – La Sagrada Familia – Antoni Gaudí’s Modernist Basilica in Barcelona
- January 24 – Barcelona Introduction- David gives an introduction and overview of Barcelona.
- January 17 – David’s Travel Tips for a Successful Trip – Travel tips, favorite destinations, and lessons learned from forty-five years on the road.
2022 Travel Talk Tuesdays Episodes
- December 13 – David’s Christmas Special – Take a virtual visit to Germany, Italy, and France during the Christmas market season.
- November 22 – The Best of Ireland – Join David on a trip around the Emerald Isle.
- November 15 – The Bay of Naples, Capri, and Pizza – Learn about the islands of Ischia and Capri. Plus, a recipe for Pizza Margarita.
- November 1 – Gibraltar & Southern Spain – David’s first visit to the UK-controlled hunk of rock. Also Arcos de la Frontera and Nerja.
- October 25 – The Best of Greece – David returns from 8-weeks on the road leading tours in Europe. Greek cooking recipes & his Best of Greece tour destinations.
- August 16 – The Louvre Museum – My Best of the Best List – How to avoid the crowds and see the best the Louvre has to offer: The Mona Lisa, Winged Victory and Venus de Milo.
- August 9 – The Top of Europe- The Jungfraujoch – The Jungfrau (Mountain) soars high above the valley and surrounding peaks.
- August 2 – Inside the Duomo of Siena (Part 2) – David takes you on a walk inside Siena’s majestic cathedral (cont.).
- July 26 – The Duomo of Siena- (Part 1) – David takes you on a walk inside and out of Siena’s majestic cathedral.
- July 19 – Florence’s Mercato Centrale and County Donegal, Ireland – David shows you around Florence and Mercato Centrale. Then he hops over to County Donegal, Ireland, to experience the Innishowen Peninsula.
- July 12 – Report from 3 months on the road in Europe – Join David as he reports on his travels, offers advice, and discusses how the world has adapted in this (post) pandemic era.
- May 10 – Tuscany-Volterra-Siena-Pis-Lucca – In this episode, David shares his adventures in Lucca, a cooking class in Volterra, and a grand farewell dinner at Ristorante Enoteca Del Duca.
- May 3 – Adventures in Italy – A stroll around the Trevi Fountain and visit to the “Bone Church” in Rome. Then Pisa, away from the leaning tower. And in Tuscany, Florence, the American Cemetery and Volterra.
- April 26 – Atlanta Travel Show, Braves Game, and Heading Back to Europe – David took a brief visit to the Atlanta Travel and Adventure Show, and got a chance to attend an Atlanta Braves game in style.
- April 19 – Easter in Europe & Scooter vs. Car – David shares some of his Easter experiences in London, Paris, and Sorrento.
- April 12 – LIVE from Orvieto – Orvieto has a rich history beginning with the Etruscans. In this episode, David shares his experiences in Orvieto over the past decade.
- April 5 – Best of Germany-Austria-Switzerland Tour Destinations – First, a visit to the grand imperial city of Vienna, famous for its castles, kings, music and cuisine. Then, enjoy a virtual visit to Salzburg’s famous city center.
- March 29 – Switzerland – In this episode, David explores Chamonix, Lucerne, Zurich, St. Moritz, and the Lauterbrunnen Valley. He’ll also introduce a special trekking tour for 2023 where he plans to hike around Mont Blanc.
- March 22 – New York City – Join David for a trek he took in Manhattan and see how tourism is back in NYC.
- March 15 – KZ Auschwitz (Nazi Concentration Camp) – David visited this site in December 2021, and shares his story of the chilling experience.
- March 8 – Ukraine Geography & Zakopane, Poland (S2E12) – Join David as he discovers the little resort town of Zakopane, the jumping-off point to the Tatras National Park which is loaded with outdoor activities year round.
- March 1 – Melk and The Wachau Valley (S2E11) – Sitting on a hill, perched high above the Danube River is Melk Abbey. Join David as he shares his experiences in this beautiful section of Austria.
- February 22 – Vax, Novax, Recovered? (S2E10) – In this episode of TTT, David lets you know where you can travel in Europe right now in 2022. What’s open, who can visit, and what are the requirements.
- February 15 – Kraków, Poland (S2E9) – In this episode of Travel Talk Tuesday, follow David and discover what Kraków has to offer.
- February 8 – Europe’s Romantic Destinations (S2E8) – Paris, Venice, Switzerland, Bellagio, Zakopane and Santorini are all great destinations. And they are even better when experienced with someone you love.
- February 1 – Prague (S2E7) – Situated on the Moldau River, Prague has long been a key city for trade in Europe. Decked out grandly by the Hapsburgs, it is home to the largest castle complex in Europe.
- January 25 – Castelrotto, Oberbozen, and Alpe di Siusi (S2E6) – A visit to Bolzano/Bozen is nice (see the January 18 episode). But you’ve not experienced the Dolomites unless you venture high up into the mountains.
- January 18 – Bolzano, Italy – (S2E5) – Bolzano is smack dab in the middle of the Dolomite mountains, just south of the Austria border and Brenner Pass.
- January 11 – Chasing Christmas – (S2E4) – David and Charlotte talk about their December travels to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Czech, Poland, and Slovakia.
2021 Travel Talk Tuesdays Episodes
- December 14 – Strasbourg & Zurich at Christmas (S2E3) – David shows you around the Grand Island, in Strasbourg, and Zurich.
- December 7 – Munich, Frankfurt, and Strasbourg at Christmas time (S2E2) – In this episode, David shares his live, on-the-ground and real-time experience at the Christmas Markets over the past few days.
- November 30 – Celebrating Season 2 (S2E1) – David takes us down memory lane with a short look at the highlights of his travels and adventures on Travel Talk Tuesday over the past year.
- November 23 – The Amalfi Coast – David explores the Amalfi Coast of Italy along the Bay of Salerno and shares his recipe for homemade pizza.
- November 16 – Pompeii and Flatbread Pizza – We take a look back at ancient Pompeii, the Roman city of 20,000 people that was destroyed by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius and preserved by the ashes.
- November 9 – Sorrento – David takes you down the crooked, cobblestone streets of Sorrento, a great city to hang your hat for a few days. Also, he shares his recipe for Chicken Marsala.
- November 2 – Ischia – Ischia is an island located in the Bay of Naples. Covered with mountains, lush green forests, and many thermal hot springs, it is a delight to visit. This week’s recipe: Polpette (Italian Meatballs).
- October 26 – Procida, Italy – This tiny island is north of the bay of Naples, lying between Cape Minseno and the island of Ischia. With just 1.6 square miles of real estate, it is small, compact, and easy to experience in one day.
- October 19 – Cinque Terre – Corniglia and Vernazza – Recently, David visited all five villages of the Cinque Terre in one 10-hour day. This episode features his experiences at the end of the day in Corniglia and Vernazza.
- October 12 – Cinque Terre: Manarola – Come with David on a walk through the town of Manarola, traverse the vineyards and even a swim in the harbor.
- October 5 – Cinque Terre COVID-19 Travel: Monterosso & Riomaggiore – In this episode of Travel Talk Tuesday, David gives a video update on two of the five Cinque Terre villages.
- September 29 – Christmas Markets in Eastern Europe – This tour features Eastern Europe during the Christmas season.
- September 21 – Christmas Markets in Germany and Austria – David visits his favorite Christmas markets in Germany and Austria.
- September 14 – Dallas Travel & Adventure Show – This week’s show features David’s adventures at the Dallas Travel and Adventure Show. Chat with some of his traveling friends and meet some new faces.
- September 7 – Florence – David shows us around Florence, Italy, and describes how they are emerging from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- August 31 – Volterra – Vineyards, Wine and Great Dining – Join David on his visit to the Etruscan Museum, Ristorante DelDuca, take a look around City Hall and enjoy an evening at his favorite bar, La Vene di Vino.
- August 24 – Volterra Pandemic Recovery Report – David takes a look at the renovated Basilica, enjoys a drink at his favorite bar, takes a stroll through town, and spends some time in the vineyards at Podere Marcampo.
- August 17 – Rome, Classical and Baroque! – David walks the Roman Colosseum and Forum and visits the Pantheon. Then, he enjoys dinner at Ristorante Alfredo (home of Fettuccine Alfredo) and looks around Piazza Navona.
- August 10 – Rome, Trastevere and Vatican City – David talks about his recent visit to Rome. Now is the time to visit! No crowds, great food, al fresco dining and friendly locals.
- August 3 – Dublin, Ireland – Ireland just opened its borders for tourism on July 19th, so David is reporting on how it’s going with travel restrictions, music in pubs and more.
- July 27 – Santorini, Greece – Join David as he visits the whitewashed town of Oia. Take a plunge into the sea in the famous “black sand beach” and sample some of the best food and wine around.
- July 20 – Volterra, Italy – David sets up for a few days at Podere Marcampo, his favorite villa-agriturismo in the area. Volterra itself is a treasure, with not much tourist traffic, old cobbled streets, great dining, and fine wine!
- July 13 – Robbery & Theft in Pisa – David’s story about how his van was vandalized in Pisa.
- July 6 – Hydra, Greece – David explores the steep cobbled lanes, takes a dip in the sea, has an al fresco seafood lunch and takes a walk along the coastline of one of the most beautiful islands Greece has to offer.
- June 29 – The Acropolis of Athens – Come along and explore the Acropolis, home to ancient gods, immense temples, rich history and vibrant culture.
- June 22 – Visit Artemida, Greece – David takes a look at how Greece is pulling out of the Corona Virus Pandemic. Join him in Artemide, a seaside village near Athens, and learn about its people, culture and cuisine.
- June 15 – Rome’s Beach – Join David as he takes a walk on the beach, exploring the town during its evening passeggiata. Enjoy a fine dinner and take a late-night spin on the town’s main square.
- June 8 – The Cinque Terre – This episode of Travel Talk Tuesday features the Italy portion of David’s BEST OF THE MED TOUR. Enjoy this visit to the Cinque Terre, often known as the Italian Riveria.
- June 1 – Southern France – Learn about the France portion of David’s BEST OF THE MED TOUR. Enjoy a visit to Carcassonne, Bonnieux, Arles, the Pont du Gard, Nice and more.
- May 25 – Barcelona- 1st stop on David’s “Best of the Med” Tour – This tour route weaves together three counties, five cultures, four languages, and some of the best scenery along the Mediterranean coast.
- May 18 – Scotland’s Highland & Islands – Visit the borough of Culross, see a sheepdog demonstration, cruise on Loch Ness, visit Culloden Battlefield and experience the islands of Mull and Iona.
- May 11 – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK – Discover the grandeur of Edinburgh, its Medieval Royal Mile and the neo-classical Georgian new town, enjoy the cliff-hanging castle, the Edinburgh Festival and the Royal Military Tattoo.
- May 4 – Greece Part 4 Hydra – Greece has 6,000 islands. 227 of them are inhabited. Tonight, we’ll take a look at Hydra, my favorite island located in Agrosaronic Gulf.
- April 27 – Greece Part 3 Post Pandemic Tourism Update – David talks about Greece opening borders for tourism. We’ll also discuss and virtually tour Athens, Nafplio, Skopelos, and Santorini.
- April 20 – Greece Part 2 – Tonight’s episode features some of Greece’s most overlooked destinations: Delphi, Olympia, Kardamyli and Monemvasia, Greece’s version of “Mont St. Michel.”
- April 13 – Greece Part 1 – Let’s visit Athens, the Saronic Gulf Island of Hydra, Nafplio and ancient Mycenae. Additionally, David shares his recipe for Tzatziki.
- April 6 – The Best of Sicily – Beginning in Palermo, we will experience a lively and vibrant city. Then we get out of town to visit the ancient Greek sites of Segesta, Agrigento, and Syracuse.
- March 30 – Italy Off the Beaten Path – David takes you on a journey to some of Italy’s out-of-the-way destinations.
- March 23 – Southern Italy – Join David on his visit to the Gargano Peninsula and the Adriatic Sea.
- March 16 – Ireland St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Join David and friends as they explore Ireland in the days leading up to St. Patrick’s Day.
- March 9 – Ireland The McGuffin Tour Experience – Watch while we document the journey of four travelers on David’s “Taste of Ireland” tour.
- March 2 – The Cinque Terre – David Explores the Cinque Terre 2014 video series.
- February 23 – Milan, Italy – Duomo Rooftop Tour, DaVinci’s Last Supper, La Scala Opera House, Grand Canal District Naviglio Grande and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. David also shares his Osso Buco recipe.
- February 16 – Lake Como & Bellagio – Visit Lake Como to hike in the hills, go boating or, of course, for the incomparable views of the Alps. David also shares his recipe for Risotto Milanese.
- February 9 – David Explores Venice – Visit Venice’s essential sights such as Piazza San Marco, The Doge’s Palace and Rialto Bridge. David also shares his recipe for bruschetta and spaghetti alle vongole.
- February 2 – David Explores Florence – Get in some shopping, enjoy a fine Tuscan-style dinner and sample some gelato (the world’s best ice cream).
- January 26 – David Explores Rome – Delved deeper into the diverse layers of Rome with a look into its historical landmarks, museums, neighborhoods and off-the-beaten-path destinations.
- January 19 – Virtual Wine Tasting – Marcampo Winery – Tuscany (Part 2) – Claudia Del Duca, owner and vintner of Podere Marcampo, “zooms” in to guide the tasting.
- January 12 – Virtual Wine Tasting – Marcampo Winery – Tuscany (Part 1) – David visits with Podere Marcampo owner and vintner, Claudia Del Duca, who gives a virtual tour of their property in Western Tuscany.
- January 5 – The Tuscan Villa Experience – Feast on fine food, taste some wonderful wine and experience these charming villages and treasure-packed museums.
2020 Travel Talk Tuesdays Episodes
- December 29 – North Wales – A video montage of David’s favorite destinations in North Wales.
- December 22 – Christmas Markets in Europe – Christmas Markets in Europe abound during the first weeks of December.
- December 15 – Northern Ireland – The Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Bushmill’s Distillery, Londonderry and the docklands in Belfast.
- December 8 – Volterra – Tuscany Off the Beaten Path – David chats with local guides in Volterra about the city’s history, the newly discovered Colosseum, Brunello wine, Christmas traditions and coping with COVID-19.
- December 1 – Croatia, Montenegro, and Cruising the Adriatic Coast – Go along with David and Charlotte aboard a small, 38-passenger ship, cruising Croatia’s Adriatic coastline.